First Night® Portsmouth
First Night® Portsmouth 2014 takes place on
Tuesday, December 31st, 4pm - Midnight
Check out the menu to the right
for all First Night information!
2014 Logo Artist - Jessica Packer
Did you know?
• December 1986 marked the initial production of the New Year’s Celebration: First Night® Portsmouth.
• Twenty-six years later, we are one of two remaining First Night communities in NH – the other is Wolfeboro.
• Fireworks, ice sculpture, a street dance and multiple indoor performance venues are the “building blocks” of FN Portsmouth.
• Like the name says, we’re Pro Portsmouth, so when contracting performers, it’s important that we focus on local and regional “talent”.
• For last year’s event, $21,750.00 was paid out to those who entertained and delighted us during the First Night Portsmouth celebration.
• First Night Portsmouth, like all Pro Portsmouth events, is funded by sponsorships and donations from businesses and individuals. We receive no City, State or Federal funding.
• Although one must purchase a Button to attend all indoor performances, the fireworks, ice sculpture and street dance are open to all making fund raising a real challenge – we can’t charge people to look up!
Major Shareholders for First Night® Portsmouth 2014:
Thomas Sowinski, Jr.
Michael J. Richards
Thank you, 2014 Cast & Crew. First Night Portsmouth lives on only by you!
Mark Kelliher, Co-Founder 1987
In memory of Joe Shanley, Past Board President, Pro Portsmouth, Inc.
NOTE: Pro Portsmouth does not issue any type of permits for outdoor vending at
First Night® Portsmouth as it is not a vendor driven event.
Please refer to the City of Portsmouth for Vending Information